Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Magic Wand

The road was quiet and dark and long.
The rustling leaves seemed to search for a song.
I would fill some colours all along.
And would get the dancers and the band.

.....If only I had a magic wand!

Each passing moment was so rude.
Didn’t care for comfort and was prude.
I would spray fragrance and rub off the crude.
And would make the time flee with the clap of the hand.

.....If only I had a magic wand!

In the moments when the trust was broken.
Tears took place of the words to be spoken.
I would make the rays of joy and happiness comes again.
And would make the clouds of doubt go bland.

.....If only I had a magic wand!

And times when life demanded fun and game.
And I was the only one in the picture frame.
I would make more of me till the situation became
Such that every chapter of the play looked grand.

.....If only I had a magic wand!

God please grant me the magic wand,
It’s the only thing I require.
I’ve searched for it everywhere, where else should I inquire?
I promise I’ll just colour my life and then put up my hand.

.....O please, don’t test me, tell me now-where’s the magic wand?

God laughed at me and answered me-
“Son, what you aspire,
Has been with you all your life, but you don’t admire.
All across the valleys or skies or water or on land.
.....Your search is futile my son, ‘cos there’s no magic wand!”

And so I walked all sad and gloomy
Thought my tryst had failed me
When all of a sudden I saw my friend
Walking towards me waving his hand

.....and I thought, “Will he help me get the wand?”

We started walking together, and what strangeness did I find!
Was it all true what I now saw or was before I blind?
‘Cos suddenly the leaves sang and each moment rhapsodized
Love filled every part of air and the fun didn’t seem to end!

.....and I stood there and wondered, “Have I found the magic wand?”

O yes indeed I had finally found what I sought out to
But I didn’t find the magic wand, and this was also true
‘Cos it was the magic I was searching for,
And that was not beyond.

.....for I had my friend now, and he was my magic wand!

1 comment: